- Are you feeling disconnected from YOU and your true self? Do you feel constantly saturated with messages and images that tell us who we should be, what we should wear, what we should buy, and how we should act? Our retreat is the perfect solution to help you regain your connection to self. We will spend four nights and five days together exploring our aspiration and motivations, bringing voice to our truth through movement, meditation and dialogue.
The retreat will begin on Wednesday, 25 March with a welcome dinner.
During this time you will have a chance to meet others taking the same journey of self exploration, receive a warm welcome from our hosts at Stowel Lake Farm, and review our carefully crafted program while answering any questions you may have. Our first evening will conclude with a lovely and sweet Restorative Yin Yoga practice to soothe your senses after a long day of travel! On Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will engage in our intentionally designed program detailed on the “Schedule” tab. The retreat concludes on Sunday morning following breakfast. There will be ample time to pack up, enjoy the grounds at the Farm before you depart!
Here is an outline of the investment you are making in yourself:
– 4 Morning Yoga Flow Classes – 4 Restorative and Rejuvenating Yin Yoga Sessions – A posture clinic designed to break down and assist you in finding better alignment – Three engaging dialogue sessions around how to reconnect with yourself and pursue sustained happiness in your life – Exciting evening activities including a movie night, Ecstatic Dance and Fire Ceremony – An outdoor hike that will include a yoga experience designed to connect you to nature – Guided meditations and pranayama – A dedicated duo of experienced and engaged instructors committed to your journey
In addition to the many yoga classes and session dedicated to self exploration, your experience also includes:
– Three delicious, wholesome and nourishing vegetarian meals per day – Warm and comfortable accommodations – Access to Stowel Lake Farm’s beautiful grounds including the yoga studio and meditation garden – The opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals and the chance to create long-lasting relationships
– $897 CAD if you register before December 1 – $997 CAD if regsitering after December 1 *all taxes included, price excludes transportation to/from Stowel Lake Farm
*Please note that the schedule may change without notice. This retreat focuses on asana (physical yoga practice), pranayama (breath control) and guided meditation as means by which we can further deepen our connection with ourselves, and, in turn, others. These ancient practices will be introduced and are suitable for all levels. No prior experience is necessary to participate in any of the activities offered. Delicious and wholesome vegetarian meals will be offered to participants in order to sustain and nourish your body and soul during the retreat. Accommodations are comfortable, warm and are designed for sharing. One of the many benefits of this retreat is the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals. We truly feel that growth and further exploration can happen in inclusive and diverse shared spaces and we encourage you to take advantage of this aspect of our program. Single accommodations are also available on a limited basis. Salt Spring Island is natural paradise situated on the West Coast of Canada. We plan to engage fully with the island through a hike, outdoor asana practice and guided meditation. Please note that this will not be a strenuous hike and is suitable for all levels of fitness. Your teachers are here to support and guide you! This retreat is designed to engage you fully and allow time for deeper exploration of yourself and your voice. We are here to ensure you have the best experience possible. You have the opportunity to book additional private therapy sessions during optional activity times (additional cost). Stowel Lake Farm has a bodyworker, Alinka Porebska, who is a Registered Acupuncturist and is trained in several other modalities including hot stone massage, aromatherapy and tonal sound vibration. We can help you make arrangements with Alinka during our optional activity times. Please let us know if this is something you are interested in (subject to availability)!
- Stowel Lake Farm is located on beautiful Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, Canada. It is a fully functioning farm with a newly built yoga studio that includes cherry wood floors, high ceilings and outstanding and inspiration views of the organic farm and meditation garden. We recommend flying into Victoria, BC as it is the closest airport. You can drive from the airport or take a taxi to the ferry terminal. If you are coming from Vancouver or Nanaimo, there is ferry service available to the Island as well. We will provide one pick-up service from the Fulford Ferry Terminal on Salt Spring Island on Wednesday, March 25. Once you register, more details will be made available! Again, do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about the retreat or need assistance planning your trip: Heather Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at +1 306 684 2422.
- Please note that our offerings are designed for every level of practitioner. If you have no experience in any of the offerings described below, that is no problem! Our practices are crafted with everyone in mind.
Or should we say…Ecstatic Movement! Ecstatic Dance is an experience like none other! Bringing music and movement together is one of the most fundamental ways we can explore ourselves and our relationships to others. There are only three guidelines for Ecstatic Dance: – Move! However you wish! – Respect other individuals’ space. – Enjoy the experience!
Our fire ceremony is designed to help you meditate on those things you want to let go of and welcome those things into your life that sustain and fulfill you. You will be introduced to mantras during the ceremony as we release those things that do not serve us and fill with those things that do. This is a quiet and impactful experience that will deepen your connection to your truth!
Meditation is known to reduce stress, increase focus and can help us better balance our emotions. While meditating on ones own can seem intimidating, guided meditations make the use of a theme. Our teachers will guide you through meditations designed to deepen your connection to self, awaken your spirit and find your voice!
Our posture clinic is designed with YOU in mind! Do you have a challenging pose in your practice that needs some one-on-one attention and intention? We will keep this part of the retreat open for some deep-dives into some of our stronger poses. Come prepared with your questions!
You will experience three wholesome and nourishing vegetarian meals during your retreat experience. These meals will promote a calmer state of being. Yogis throughout history have adopted vegetarian diets as a way to sustainably stay healthy and vibrant.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
A vigorous flow that combines breath and movement together. This asana practice stretches and strengthens while connecting you to inner power through a focus on core work, balancing poses and floor work. This class will be presented with a variety of options and is suitable for all practitioners.
Created by Bernie Clark and enhanced by Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers, this practice encourages you to go deeper on all levels – physically, emotionally and mentally. We will come into a pose and will remain there for anywhere between five and ten minutes. This practice helps us to release tensions in the fascial tissue where many emotions are stored in our bodies. By releasing this fascial tissue, we are better able to enhance our practice of yoga in the other areas of our lives. This practice cultivates inner stillness and relaxation. Props will be available for your use!
- Jaime Ackerman, B.Ed., RYT-200 is a playful, fun loving, knowledge seeking, free spirit who offers wisdom and new perspectives in all her classes. Her passion comes from an inner desire to uncover the richness and purity of life in connection to all things. She has a strong belief in the pure potential we all have to be great and feels that yoga has offered her a clear path towards this greatness. She is committed to helping and empowering her students on their path to self fulfillment by guiding them through a heart based practice focusing on breath and alignment. Jaime completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training with Gaiatri Yoga after receiving her Education degree, travelling to Asia and discovering a world vastly different from the one she was brought up in. Yoga brought her a sense of understanding and connection to her unique experiences. Heather Evans, MS, RYT-200 is Founder, Yoga Instructor and Motivation Maven at Journeys on the Mat. She is a passionate yogini who discovered the power of yoga several years ago while living in Chicago. In her classes, there is a deep emphasis on breath, playfulness and personal empowerment through movement. Her mission is to break boundaries and connect people to the moment and their deeper selves in shared spaces of inspiration. Heather completed her 200-hour training with the School of Sacred Arts in Bali and was immensely inspired by the teachers, culture and nature. She holds a B.A. in both Dance and Communication and an M.S. in Public Service Management.
Register for the Stowell Lake Farm Yoga & Meditation Retreat!
Yoga & Meditation Retreat Stowel Lake Farm Salt Spring Island, British Columbia